Tuesday 13 October 2015

Autumn aesthetic



This autumn finds me inspired by witches(especially Slytherin witches) and vampires. My inspiration for gothic lolita has been back in a big way for some time now even though I still love classic too. Now I just have closet of two tales. On the one side we have the gothic vampire lady with silks, velvets and brocade and on the other the preppy, sort of snooty Slytherin witch with wools, tartans and little bit of quirkiness.

something gothic this way comes


The gothic side of my wardrobe is as always inspired by vampires and gothic romance. This year I am especially in love with Carmilla by Sheridan le Fanu and I hope it shows atleast a little bit in my wardrobe. Another big inspiration has been the new Guillermo del Toro movie, The Crimson Peak which I cannot wait to see. 


Even the more classic side of my wardrobe is a bit darker again. I do love black dresses with white collars, being a Wednesday Addams fangirl at heart. As I pointed out in an earlier post my Potterheadedness has also returned with a vengeance and I love to add a little touch of Slytherin to my outfits.  Other than that after rewatching Gossip girl (I love the devious Blair Waldorf) I have also fallen in love with a slight preppy look and hope add that to my style as well. It feels so put together and chic. 

What are your ideas for this autumn, dear reader? Tell me in the comments.

Madame Parapluie

8 comments:

  1. I love these Polyvore coords, and I'm glad to hear of another Carmilla fan! The book was a lucky find at a free bookstore, as it's rare in my country. :)

    For Autumn I'm inspired by Classic Lolita, the older Malice Mizer songs (like the Tetsu era's Memoir) and dark, wintry colours with a vintage flair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Carmilla is a wonderful book and it's rare in my country too so I haven't been able to find it outside the library but I will keep looking.

      Your inspirations sound wonderful.

      Delete
    2. http://www.savukeidas.com/tuote/sheridan-le-fanu-carmilla-ja-muita-kertomuksia/ Tämän pitäisi tietääkseni olla aika hyvin saatavilla? :)

      Vihreää teetä on oma suosikkini tuosta kirjasta.

      Delete
    3. Kiitos vinkistä Horros. Juuri tuon teoksen löysin kirjastosta. Omaan kokoelmaan tahtoisen mieluummin alkuperäiskielisen teoksen.

      Delete
  2. Ihania asukokonaisuuksia jälleen kerran! Ah, jotenkin vaan syksy ja vamppyyrit kuuluu yhteen, kuten myös gothic lolita ja vamppyyrit...no, vamppyyrit sopii kaikkeen :D Itseä inspiroi tänä syksynä myös aristokraattinen piraatti-tyyli ja eeppiset hatut.
    Myös täällä odotellaan Crimson peakia, vähän turhaan tosin koska eihän täällä ole edes elovateatteria :(((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos!

      Vampyyrit ovat jatkuva inspiraation lähde! Eeppiset hatut ja aristokraattiset piraatit kuullostavat myös hyvältä.

      Kaameaa :(((

      Delete
  3. Vampires and witches? I'm in. Specially when we're talking about Carmilla! For autumn I wanna go with some black, wine and brown, I tend to wear too much black without any other color so let's be out of the comfort zone :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wine is lovely lovely colour. This autumun (or nearly winter her in Finland) I will add green.

      Delete